WebTextEditor 3 is a major release that sports a completely redesigned user interface based on the new Unified Theming framework introduced in the WebUI Studio 2016 release. Building on its innovative UI components, WebTextEditor 3 leverages the latest web technologies and front-end trends optimized for modern browsers like Chrome, Safari, and Edge. The new WebTextEditor lets you easily create professional-looking ASP.NET web project with simple drag-drop, while delivering beautiful design that naturally suitable to modern web applications today.
More importantly, this release adds a new modern theme that you can apply with the simplicity of xcopy. Beyond just basic styling, the modern theme includes comprehensive styling for more than hundreds of UI elements available in WebTextEditor. In addition, this release provides full support for latest major browsers including Internet Explorer 11, Edge, Safari for Mac, Chrome 47 and Firefox 42.
This page guides you through the new features and enhancements available in WebTextEditor 3. Click the links below to jump to the section of your interest.
Unified Theming Support
In this release, WebTextEditor has been significantly enhanced to fully support unified theming capability introduced in WebUI Framework 4. In general, these are the key area of improvements to support unified theming:
- Inline styles are now removed in favor to CSS styles which reduce markup and page output in overall.
- Instance-level styles and default stylesheets are no longer rendered, enabling the page to load much faster.
- Provide attribute-based states for streamlined styling through CSS3 selectors.
- Enhanced both server-side and client-side rendering to support modern HTML5 and CSS3 markup/syntax.
For more information, see Unified Theming.
New Unified Modern Theme
One of the biggest updates in this release is the introduction of brand-new modern theme for WebTextEditor. Unlike previous versions, WebTextEditor automatically uses shared/common styles when the unified theming feature is enabled. When the common styles are modified, WebTextEditor and the other WebUI components that present similar semantic will be automatically updated.
At a glance, the WebTextEditor modern theme key highlights are:
- Written in SCSS language
- Redesigned with clean and modern styles
- Meticulously designed, pixel-perfect styling on over 100+ elements and editors
- Control resources now use scalable vector graphic (SVG) in favor to low-res images
- Includes 150+ SVG icons designed exclusively for WebUI Studio
The following screenshot shows a basic WebTextEditor in action with the new modern theme.
For further information on the new modern theme for WebTextEditor, see WebTextEditor Theming Overview.
Latest Browser Support
WebTextEditor 3 has been significantly improved to support the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Safari Mac 9.0
- Chrome 48
- Firefox 44
Updates and fixes in this release
This release includes the following updates and bug fixes: